Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve this year I decided to try out three new things I would like to make traditions - but only if they went well and the kids enjoyed them.

The first one was for the kids to create a Lego nativity - together without fighting.  This one went over really well, I was slightly surprised to be honest.  I have tried to get them to do several things like this but it always ends in tears.  This time they didn't fight but a a lot of fun doing it.  We even set out the nativity for a while and of course left it out for Santa to see.

A second thing I tried was Christmas pizzas complete with snowman cheesy bread.  It was a raging hit!   There was plenty of pizza to go around and enough for a second meal the next day - bonus!

The third tradition we did was technically something we have already done for years but I decided to revamp it.  Instead of wrapping everyones Christmas pajamas individually I put them all in 1 big box, with a new movie and treats to have during the movie.  The kids exclaimed that this was the BEST way to get their new Christmas Pajamas!

Everything we did was a hit, I expect we will be making them part of our Christmas Eve traditions from here on out.  

 photo DSC_0010_zpsjbcilfuw.jpg  photo DSC_0001_zpswptnkdnm.jpg
 photo DSC_0006_zpso63rzeir.jpg  photo DSC_0011_zpsgvxxoqxc.jpg  photo DSC_0006_zpswtti5pam.jpg  photo DSC_0007_zps148rl2cz.jpg

No comments: